The MDDA (Marlborough and District Dyslexia Association) is a local, independent charity that has been active for over 40 years and in that time it has supported hundreds of local dyslexic children and adults, their families and their schools. Our main objective is to encourage the identification of those with a Specific Learning Difficulty (Dyslexia) and to advance their education.
We continue to support dyslexics, their families, teachers and schools by providing:
- Free loan of a wide selection of resources such as books and games.
- Help line – Our helpline contact is Susanne Harris. The support and information is given in confidence and Susanne can provide guidance on aspects of dyslexia, including assessments and referrals to other professionals outside the Association.
- Email: Click Here To Email us! Anyone can contact us for help, they do not have to be a member of the Association or be in the education system.
- Dyslexia – related workshops each year to inform, stimulate and encourage parents, dyslexics and teachers. We are always interested to hear from you about topics you would like covered in the future.
- We are founder members of ‘Wiltshire Dyslexia Groups’ who are dedicated to supporting dyslexic children, families and schools and consist of Wiltshire Council SSENs, MDDA, Wiltshire Dyslexia Association and the Wiltshire Parents and Carers Council. Wiltshire Council’s SSENS department has been working with a cohort of schools to enable them to achieve the British Dyslexia Association Dyslexia Friendly Schools Good Practice Award with great success.